About file management options.

Antonio F.S.

Jul 16, 2022, 5:38:50 PM7/16/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello.

I don't know if there are any options to manage the files from the IDE
(usually right-click to access them: rename, sort, cut, copy, paste,
etc.) or if so, I can't find them. :-)

Thank you.
Best regards.
Antonio F.S.

Mansour Ayouni

Jul 16, 2022, 6:35:43 PM7/16/22
to Antonio F.S., The Ring Programming Language
Hello Antonio,

Ring Notepad does not include these features. You can use the OS file explorer like it is showan is the following snapshot:
image.png

Best Regards,
Mansour

--

---

Mahmoud Fayed

Jul 16, 2022, 7:15:06 PM7/16/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Antonio

As Mansour said, You can use the open file dialog

Another way that I am using (Tools menu - Operating System Tools)
Or just press (Alt+Shift+F) to open the files explorer in the current directory
For example when opening cards.ring then pressing Alt+Shift+F
This will open the files explorer at the ring/applications/cards folder
In a similar way you can open the command prompt window using Alt+Shift+T

niceshot.png

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Antonio F.S.

Jul 17, 2022, 7:34:15 AM7/17/22
to ring...@googlegroups.com

Good morning.

I take note of this, together with what Mansour explained above. Thank you very much Mahmoud.

Best regards.
Antonio F.S.

El 17/7/22 a las 1:15, Mahmoud Fayed escribió:
--

---

Antonio F.S.

Jul 17, 2022, 7:35:44 AM7/17/22
to Mansour Ayouni, The Ring Programming Language

Good morning.

An original system and also very practical. :-) :-)

Perfect. Thank you very much.

Best regards.
Antonio F.S.

Mahmoud Fayed