problem with the forum

Fuad Omari

Mar 4, 2023, 10:58:31 PM3/4/23
to The Ring Programming Language

Hi
several times yesterday i have tried to post messages whether new or as a reply and it is deleted immediately. the same thing happned with Dan look here
https://groups.google.com/g/ring-lang/c/rwUuOAXdrWY/m/iRxC8Jw9FQAJ

Mahmoud Fayed

Mar 4, 2023, 11:00:54 PM3/4/23
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello

This happened to me too, and to many other people in other groups

Looks like a bug in (Google Groups)
I hope it will be solved soon

I used to take a copy of the message before posting it (Little workaround)

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mansour Ayouni

Mar 5, 2023, 12:53:06 AM3/5/23
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello,

Happened to me also when I posted from Google Mail.
Posting directly from the group solved the problem.

I think we should move from Google Groups to a more intuitive and modern alternative one day.

Best,
Mansour

--

---

Mahmoud Fayed

Mar 5, 2023, 8:53:28 AM3/5/23
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

I don't see  the problem today, I hope that it's solved!

Greetings,
Mahmoud
Message has been deleted

Mansour Ayouni

Mar 5, 2023, 8:55:41 AM3/5/23
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

I think so, since I've written this answer from Google Mail.

All the best,
Mansour

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

CalmoSoft

Mar 10, 2023, 6:15:14 AM3/10/23
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud et All,

How can I create a new conversation?
There used to be a Create new conversation button, which is no longer there.
Have a nice day, good work and a pleasant rest.

Greetings,
Gal Zsolt
(~ CalmoSoft ~)
Message has been deleted

Fuad Omari

Mar 10, 2023, 6:33:55 AM3/10/23
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello CalmoSoft
make the browser smaller, for me much smaller until it is like the attached image
click on the 3 horizontal lines to left
and will appear "new conversation" under it
click on it
new_message.JPG

Fuad Omari

Mar 10, 2023, 7:05:57 AM3/10/23
to The Ring Programming Language
we still can see "Message has been deleted" under Gal Zsolt message and before my message . someone have replied either from the forum or from gmail
message_deleted.JPG
it is possible that google is trying to fight big spam but erroneouly he blocked the usual users not only the spammers

CalmoSoft

Mar 10, 2023, 8:40:01 AM3/10/23
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Fuad,

I click on the 3 horizontal lines, but nothing happens.
Please create "Ring programs on Rosetta Code" conversation for me.

Have a nice day, good work and a pleasant rest.

Greetings,
Gal Zsolt
(~ CalmoSoft ~)

Fuad Omari

Mar 10, 2023, 10:29:57 PM3/10/23
to The Ring Programming Language
Hi Gal
i have done this experiment to show the "new conversation" button
it seems the google groups programmers are using very big and wide screen
my experiment are using FireFox browser on windows XP with a 640x480 resolution
1- click (once) on the horizontal 3 lines on the top left group page. we will see nothing happened.
2- press the ctrl key and keep pressing while rotating the mouse wheel slowly toward you until the page split to 3 panes one for the messages titles, one for the authors and on the left the buttons (the ctrl with '-" keys works also the same)
keep rotating the wheel until the letters size becomes too small and barely you can see it,
now if you click on the 3 lines button the "new conversation" button appears under it. click on it and the messages editor appears. now you can make the letters bigger either by ctrl with mouse wheel or by pressing ctrl with '+' keys together
this absurdity happens when the technology companies getting rid of half of its workers

CalmoSoft

Mar 14, 2023, 12:20:28 PM3/14/23
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Fuad,

Thanks for your help.
I tried what you suggested but it doesn't work.
I still don't know what could be wrong.

Have a nice day, good work and a pleasant rest.

Greetings,
Gal Zsolt
(~ CalmoSoft ~)

Fuad Omari

Mar 15, 2023, 4:54:21 AM3/15/23
to The Ring Programming Language
Hi CalmoSoft
today i have installed google chrome version 109.xx on windows 7/64bit with screen resolution 1024x768 they said it is the latest possible version. and i should update to windows 10 to receive updates
going to ring google group, and once i clicked on the 3 lines button the button labeled "New conversation" appears immediately and very big so there is no problem at all. look the picture from google Chrome latest version for win7
groups.png

something changed in your computer or changed in the groups software after the groups blackout last week.
try sending your new messages to   ring...@googlegroups.com
i have  posted to ring group a message from gmail with a test.ring file successfully

CalmoSoft

Mar 15, 2023, 5:45:06 AM3/15/23
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Fuad,

In the past, the Ring Group's start screen looked like the one you attached, it just changed a while ago and I don't know how to fix it.