ploting shapes step by step

Fuad Omari

Mar 10, 2023, 2:41:48 AM3/10/23
to The Ring Programming Language
hope the forum will stay running
this is an example of showing glDrawArrays draw the array as it is evolve
the pen you see apears when we plot extra cell in line 109
glDrawArrays(GL_line_strip, 0, b+1)
but not with this
glDrawArrays(GL_line_strip, 0, b)
in mode GL_line_strip
i am trying to understand about this behavior
uncomment line 98
glRotatef(angle, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0)
to let the shape rotate and to see it while it is grow in the 3D. look the title bar to see the z increased with time
when the draw finished while the shape is rotating it begins to rotate crazy in windows 10. but it stay normal in windows 7 and windows xp. may be we needs a timer ?
graphics_grow_step_by_step.ring

Mahmoud Fayed

Mar 11, 2023, 8:28:42 AM3/11/23
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Fuad

Thanks for sharing :D

This is a screen shot for the sample, I like that the application is drawing this figure step-by-step as if we are using a pencil

shotopengl.png

Greetings,
Mahmoud