try/catch and new

max

Jan 10, 2024, 7:57:16 PMJan 10
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello,

why try/catch can not Handel this Error, and the program go in infinity loop

str = "myclass"

try
a = new from str
catch
see "Catch!" + nl + cCatchError
done

? "hallo welt"

class myclass from c2

endclass

Mahmoud Fayed

Jan 11, 2024, 4:49:35 AMJan 11
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Max

Thanks for the report, It will be fixed in Ring 1.20

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mansour Ayouni

Jan 11, 2024, 5:05:49 AMJan 11
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

Here is another issue you can manage in Ring 1.20 : catch region does not support more than one line, and this is not documented.

image.png

PS: I noticed this back in Ring 1.17 and I didn't check yet for 1.19. But I'll do it.

Best,
Mansour

--

---

Mahmoud Fayed

Jan 11, 2024, 5:13:17 AMJan 11
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

>> "Here is another issue you can manage in Ring 1.20 : catch region does not support more than one line, and this is not documented."

If you are using (Return) - No instructions will be executed after this line.

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mansour Ayouni

Jan 11, 2024, 5:34:54 AMJan 11
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud
Sorry! It's my mistake. I tested it right now from Ring 1.14 to Ring 1.19 and it works.
Have a nice day.

Regards,
Mansour

Mahmoud Fayed

Jan 11, 2024, 6:10:24 AMJan 11
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

>> "I tested it right now from Ring 1.14 to Ring 1.19 and it works."

Thanks for the information update.

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mahmoud Fayed

Jan 27, 2024, 11:20:18 AMJan 27
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Max

>> "why try/catch can not Handel this Error, and the program go in infinity loop"

Thanks again for the report :D

Greetings,
Mahmoud

max