Form file accidentally deleted.

Antonio F.S.

Aug 10, 2022, 2:51:08 PMAug 10
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello.

I have inadvertently deleted the file containing the form. It runs fine
what is in the view file but of course, if I want to continue working
with the designer, I can't because the file doesn't exist (I deleted it
with the option of not being able to recover it from the trash). Is
there any way to recreate it from the code?

Best regards.
Antonio F.S.

Bert Mariani

Aug 10, 2022, 4:32:08 PMAug 10
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Antonio

" ...not being able to recover it from the trash..."
Bad option ! Change it.
Puff... files disappear never to be seen again

Ilir

Aug 10, 2022, 5:05:20 PMAug 10
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Antonio,

usually when you delete file on your disk, only first byte is overwritten by the zero value, like setting string to zero size.

Tools like GNU ddrescue or similar can recover such files files if they haven not been overwritten in mean time.

It is like recovering string set to zero size by setting fist byte to some arbitrary value (meaning file name will have not the same name because first character is now random).

Antonio F.S.

Aug 10, 2022, 5:12:23 PMAug 10
to ring...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

Well, the lost is not important, as it is part of my tests with Ring.
What is important is to have found out that I should not get lost with
the files, being very careful when working with them. :-) :-)

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards.
Antonio F.S.