Is it safe to assume there is no current porting effort for clojureCLR?

Kyle Wilt

Aug 10, 2015, 9:46:06 AM8/10/15
to Ring
I apologize if this question has been asked and answered. I didn't see any relevant mention of CLR based things when I searched. I was hoping to use ring or something extremely similar to it on the clojureCLR side of the world.

Also, is it safe to assume there's no current plan or intention to change or extend the SPEC to provide the aspects of it that currently use JVM types to be exposed as clojure constructs instead? I'm assuming one could provide protocols for things like InputStream and either maps or other structures for things like X509Certificate. Obviously extending the SPEC would be a bit of a pain considering all of the downstream code would now have to be updated to work in those terms. Just curious where things might be heading so I don't waste my time going one way or another.

James Reeves

Aug 10, 2015, 11:17:57 AM8/10/15
to ring-c...@googlegroups.com
I do have plans for Ring 1.5 to change the response body to use a protocol. I don't currently have any plans to replace the X509Certificate or InputStream on the request map.

Ring doesn't necessarily need to be only Java, but there hasn't been any efforts to port it to ClojureCLR that I'm aware of.

- James