Rigol DS1052E repair.

Jambazz

Feb 27, 2018, 1:42:26 PM2/27/18
to Rigol Homebrew List
Hi everyone!
Recently i've got this scope for a couple bucks, in pretty bad shape, and not booting up. I need some info about HS and SW aspects to start a repair process. Can anyone help me by providing some info?

Andreas Schuler

Mar 6, 2018, 8:41:08 PM3/6/18
to rigolh...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jambazz,

I don't have many information about the boot process and fewer about the
calibration information of the scope.
But I can say you, that the 20 pin header on the board is a jtag
connector and there was someone out there who flashed his board over
that. I never got the connector to work myself.
Additional in the front of the board beside the usb connector you find a
little edge connector that is in my opinion to put a spi flash eeprom on
it and boot the scope from a external software module.

The boot itself is a loading from a flash too ram and all code is
executed then from ram. So maybee you just need to put a eeprom with a
current firmware update on the port and the thing will boot again.
You can find more information about that in the blackfin boot datasheets.

Maybee you find additional information on the wiki:
http://rigol.codenaschen.de/index.php/Main_Page

You could try it too on the eevblog.

Good Luck !

krater
> --

Andreas Schuler, Freiberufler IT-Security
Oberdorf 90 - 66687 Wadern - Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)176 38954028 - eMail: and...@schulerdev.de
USt-IdNr. DE265234109