Amazing project!

matthew ellis

Jan 5, 2012, 5:24:58 PM1/5/12
to Rigol Homebrew List
i just discovered this project from a hack a day post and after having
a look around ordered my own rigol the next day. I just wanted to
thank the person or team who did all this research into the firmware
from what i can see this is extremely promising. I cant wait to see
what features people manage to create for the device and if there is
anything i can do to help the project i would be more then happy to
help :)

thanks again

matt

Andreas Schuler

Jan 7, 2012, 2:15:52 AM1/7/12
to rigolh...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome! At the moment the most things are from me, but i'm happy to see that this will change.
How you can help depends on your skills and interests. What you can and want to do ?

have a nice day
krater

matthew ellis

Jan 7, 2012, 4:58:51 PM1/7/12
to Rigol Homebrew List
Well i'm a pretty keen embedded programmer so this kinda project is
perfect for me, when my scope arrives i would like to look at a good
recovery method if something goes wrong that could be added to the
firmware patch so it would be less risky for people. i would also be
happy doing any work for the wiki, finding extra info and such if that
would be a useful to you?

Matt

Andreas Schuler

Jan 8, 2012, 9:46:54 AM1/8/12
to rigolh...@googlegroups.com
cool. i'm happy to hear that. do you have experience with blackfin assembler ? maybe i've some misunderstandings with the stack handling. look at the example files. sometimes i use LINK 0x20 but at my understanding i should use LINK 0x08. when i do that the scope crashs.

some days ago i got the idea to boot and repair the scope through a adapter that can connected to the board. if you look here (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/rigolds1102e.jpg/) , left beside the USB connector is a little connector. when you connect a SPI flash to this connector you can boot the firmware from this. if the firmware running, its simple to flash a new one to the internal flash. maybee this helps you. there are some more infos in the eevblog forum. maybee its a good idea to collect it in the wiki.

what we need too is one who writes a little howto to start with writing code for the scope.
finding infos and add it to the wiki is useful too.
thats some ideas, there is a couple of other things. maybe you want simply write your own software. its a good idea too.
start where you want :)

i will send you a account for the wiki.

krater