No web access behind corporate web proxy?

matthia...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2017, 1:15:52 PM10/27/17
to RightField
I can run the rightfield-bin.jar file just fine but I have no access to any online ontologies: Choosing "Open ontology from BioPortal..." does nothing, and "Open ontology from a URL..."  produces a ConnectException error with the following details:

These are technical details that can be sent to the RightField developers to help diagnose an unexpected problem

The version of RightField is: 0.23.1

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$10.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$10.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at org.semanticweb.owlapi.io.AbstractOWLParser.getInputStreamFromContentEncoding(AbstractOWLParser.java:167)
at org.semanticweb.owlapi.io.AbstractOWLParser.getInputStream(AbstractOWLParser.java:132)
at org.semanticweb.owlapi.io.AbstractOWLParser.getInputSource(AbstractOWLParser.java:206)
at org.coode.owlapi.rdfxml.parser.RDFXMLParser.parse(RDFXMLParser.java:118)
at uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.owlapi.ParsableOWLOntologyFactory.loadOWLOntology(ParsableOWLOntologyFactory.java:212)
at uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.owlapi.OWLOntologyManagerImpl.loadOntology(OWLOntologyManagerImpl.java:720)
at uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.owlapi.OWLOntologyManagerImpl.loadOntologyFromOntologyDocument(OWLOntologyManagerImpl.java:674)
at uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.semspreadsheets.model.OntologyManager$1.call(OntologyManager.java:430)
at uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.semspreadsheets.model.OntologyManager$1.call(OntologyManager.java:427)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.waitForConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect0(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderField(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLConnection.getContentEncoding(Unknown Source)
at org.semanticweb.owlapi.io.AbstractOWLParser.getInputStream(AbstractOWLParser.java:131)
... 11 more

I suspect that running RightField behind a corporate web proxy may be the problem. I tried running the jar with these options:
-Dhttp.proxyHost=http://<corporate.proxy.com> -Dhttp.proxyPort=<80> -Dhttps.proxyHost=https://<corporate.proxy.com> -Dhttps.proxyPort=<80>
where <corporate.proxy.com> and <80> are placeholders for our real corporate webproxy and the appropriate ports which work fine in other java software I am using.

I'd appreciate any help!
Best regards, Matthias