Join Us for the FAIRDOM 2017 Data Management Webinar Series

Natalie Stanford

Mar 9, 2017, 9:37:43 AM3/9/17

Dear all,

FAIRDOM's 2017 Webinar series is in full swing (http://fair-dom.org/knowledgehub/webinars)! Webinars run on the third Thursday of each month, and our next webinar is Thursday March 16th @ 2pm GMT.

The webinar series will be of interest to students, researchers, project investigators, lab managers, institutions, publishers, data providers….anyone with data or models to manage.

Our March speaker will be Caterina Barillari from ETH Zurich. She will be talking about “openBIS ELN-LIMS: an open resource for academic laboratories”. To sign up to the webinar series please visit: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6106095323794227970

Abstract:  "Nowadays, most data produced in academic scientific laboratories is in electronic format, but experimental procedures are still often documented in paper laboratory notebooks. Linking the data to the procedures in this way is not straightforward and this often makes retrieval of relevant information in the mid and long term very problematic. Electronic laboratory notebooks (ELNs) are becoming increasingly popular in replacing paper laboratory notebooks. However, only the combination of an ELN with a data management platform and a laboratory information management system (LIMS), which is used to manage samples and standard operating procedures, allows users to keep track of the complete history of the work performed in the lab, from bench to publication. Keeping track of this history is a requirement for reproducibility of published results, which is fundamental for scientific progress. The open-source software openBIS ELN-LIMS combines these requirements in a single platform, which is specifically tailored to academic life science laboratories."

To find out more about  Caterina Barillari and her webinar you can visit:

http://fair-dom.org/knowledgehub/webinars-2/caterina-barillari/

The webinars will run on the third Thursday of each month at 2pm GMT.

To find out more about the webinar series you can visit:

http://fair-dom.org/knowledgehub/webinars-2/

We’re looking forward to seeing you there!

Natalie J Stanford, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher,
Systems Biology.
University of Manchester, UK.

FAIRDOM 2017 Webinar Series

Join us for a webinar beginning on Mar 16, 2017 at 2:00 PM GMT.

Register now!

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6106095323794227970

Welcome to FAIRDOM's 2017 series of Webinars for Data and Model management Practice in Interdisciplinary Life Sciences. These webinars will interest students, researchers, project investigators, lab managers, institutions, publishers, data providers… anyone with data, models and other digital assets to manage.

Join us for our first webinar of the season:

16th March 2017
14.00 - 14.45 BST

Dr. Caterina Barillari
Research Informatics
ID Scientific IT Services
ETH Zürich

“openBIS ELN-LIMS: an open resource for academic laboratories”.

http://fair-dom.org/knowledgehub/webinars-2/caterina-barillari/

Future Guests
20th April - Veerle Van den Eynden, Gareth Knight
18th May - Carole Goble
15th June - Bjoern Gruening

Past Guests
19th January - Niall Beard

To view our webinar series please head to our website
http://fair-dom.org/knowledgehub/webinars/

Brought to you by FAIRDOM: Supporting fair data and model management for Interdisciplinary Life Sciences. A joint action of ERA-Net ERASysAPP and European Research Infrastructure ISBE.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

View System Requirements