RightField release - version 0.26

Stuart Owen

Aug 26, 2020, 11:14:50 AM8/26/20
to right...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce a new version of RightField has been released.
This includes:

    * An upgrade of all dependencies, and Apache POI in particular
    * Increased the default JVM to 1Gb, and increased the timeout limit
when loading ontologies. This provides support for larger ontologies.
Please bear in mind, that for some ontologies you may need to be patient
for them to load. For example the EFO ontology can take 2-3 minutes on
my laptop.
    * Ability to select invididual terms that will appear within the
dropdown list. The previous behaviour forced all subclasses or
instances. From the list of terms at the bottom right, multiple terms
can be selected by holding down CTRL, or SHIFT to select a range. By
default all are selected. Many thanks to Andreas Weidemann for this
contribution.
    * Tooltips are shown to display the term URI when browsing the
ontology or selecting terms - this is to help resolves ambiguities.

The new version can be downloaded from
https://rightfield.org.uk/download.html

Note, that sadly there isn't currently a dedicated Mac OS-X version of
this build. This is due to a change in how Mac supports Java and no
longer support for the JavaAppLauncher. Please see
https://github.com/myGrid/RightField/issues/19 . If you have any
expertise or guidance with this problem then please comment on that issue.
However, you can still run this version on Mac OS-X with Java installed,
by using the Linux version:

    * Download the rightfield-0.26.tar.gz
    * Unzip the tar.gz file (you can double click in the Finder)
    * Open a terminal and navigate to the unzipped folder
    * From the terminal run "sh ./rightfield.sh"

( for the last 2 steps it may be possible to double click the .sh file
in the Finder, but I don't have a Mac with me to test)

many thanks,

Stuart Owen