definition of classes and sub-classes

brenda.f...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2017, 4:10:47 PM12/19/17
to RightField
I am new to RightField and downloaded and played with it this week.  I found having the ontology on my own PC or server was needed otherwise I would get time out problems. This was no problem as I am making use of my own variant ontology (OWL file) developed to curate our electrophysiology data sets which I saved from Protege to my PC.

1. From what I could see annotation with Rightfield only allowed defining sub-classes or classes within the spreadsheet, it would not allow for the reading of "definitions" or editor's notes from the OWL file  that describe the meaning of the classes or subclasses. Is this correct?  Is there any plan in future releases to grab the definitions? I ask this as I would like to use the definitions as metadata to our HDF5 file data sets.       Having a template builder to annotate data-sets is a great idea. I just want to grab more info from the OWL file and use it in other applications.

-thank you

gaviganet