Re: [Rife-devel] PhotoScalingImageTransformer

Joshua Hansen

Jul 25, 2007, 2:43:58 PM7/25/07
to RIFE developers list.
Hi Geert,

Well, after nearly 8 months, here is a patch to ImageFormatter and
TestImageFormatter that supports the "longest-edge-length". I've called
it "longest-edge-length" (previously "long-edge-length"), and left out
"shortest-edge-length" since it's redundant if you are maintaining
aspect ratio.

The patch zip include the patch to the test cases, the class itself
(with additional javadocs), and the two extra image files needed by the
test case.

The patch is against the 1.6.1 branch, which should be really close to
trunk.

Josh
--
Joshua Hansen
Up Bear Enterprises

Joshua Hansen wrote:
> Hi Geert,
>
> Inline...
>

> Geert Bevin wrote:
>> Hi Josh,
>>
>> Cool that you're taking this initiative!
>
> Thanks -- I'm excited about it! :)
>
>> You just need to checkout https://svn.rifers.org/rife/trunk/
>
> Got it.
>
>> Commit access on the core of RIFE has only been given to 2 other
>> developers so far. This is only after we've received a number of
>> patches and we're sure that their quality is sufficiently good. We
>> also want to make sure that the contributions follow the philosophy of
>> RIFE.
>
> No problem.
>
>> Once you're finished with your code contribution, you can simply
>> generate a patch and send that to this list. I'll read over it and see
>> if it's complete enough for adding to the trunk repository.
>> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html#svn.tour.cycle.examine.diff
>

> No problem. I looked over the confluence articles about code
> conventions and development, so I'll try to come up to speed on those too.
>

>> Looking forward to seeing your work!
>
> Thanks for the encouragement/suggestions to get involved (w/ Confluence
> articles, JIRA issues, rife-contrib contributions, etc)! :)
>
> Shalom,
>
> Josh
>
>> Take care,
>>
>> Geert
>>
>> On 14 Dec 2006, at 20:32, Joshua Hansen wrote:
>>
>>> I'm up for adding the transformer to the source, along with a unit
>>> test(s) too.
>>>
>>> Is there anything I need to know about what branch to make the change
>>> in? (main? 1.6? other?)
>>>
>>> Also, I have access to rife-contrib (user: joshuah). Do I need to do
>>> anything special to get write access to the base rife repository?
>>
>> --
>> Geert Bevin
>> Uwyn "Use what you need" - http://uwyn.com
>> RIFE Java application framework - http://rifers.org
>> Music and words - http://gbevin.com

imageformatter-patch-against-1.6.1.zip

Joshua Hansen

Jul 27, 2007, 12:11:28 PM7/27/07
to Geert Bevin, RIFE developers list.
Hi Geert,

Woohoo! :) I just made one of those life milestones: "Make a code
contribution to an open source project." :) Haha!

About the attribute change: Sounds ok, though for some reason the dash
notation feels more consistent, though I can't think with what. I'll
bring it up again if I remember. Does RIFE already have a convention
for attribute use?

Josh
--
Joshua Hansen
Up Bear Enterprises

Geert Bevin wrote:
> Thanks a lot Joshua, I committed this but used "longestEdgeLength" as
> the attribute name instead. Hope you don't mind.
>
> Take care,
>
> Geert

>> <imageformatter-patch-against-1.6.1.zip>
>
> --
> Geert Bevin
> Terracotta - http://www.terracotta.org

Joshua Hansen

Jul 27, 2007, 1:07:56 PM7/27/07
to Geert Bevin, RIFE developers list.
Ok. Sounds good then. :)

Josh
--
Joshua Hansen
Up Bear Enterprises

Geert Bevin wrote:
>> About the attribute change: Sounds ok, though for some reason the dash
>> notation feels more consistent, though I can't think with what. I'll
>> bring it up again if I remember. Does RIFE already have a convention
>> for attribute use?
>

> Yeah, I was pushing it towards the mixed case one :-)

>> Josh
>> --
>> Joshua Hansen
>> Up Bear Enterprises
>> (541) 760-7685
>>

>> Geert Bevin wrote:
>>> Thanks a lot Joshua, I committed this but used "longestEdgeLength" as
>>> the attribute name instead. Hope you don't mind.
>>> Take care,
>>> Geert

>>> --Geert Bevin

Joshua Hansen

Jul 27, 2007, 1:53:11 PM7/27/07
to Geert Bevin, RIFE developers list.
BTW -- Thanks for catching that and correcting it! :)

Josh
--
Joshua Hansen
Up Bear Enterprises