Any prospect of a new releases

Matthew Sheppard

Nov 16, 2021, 5:58:07 PM11/16/21
to Riemann Users
Hi folks,

I've just been investigating a security warning related to https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2019-17267 which I'm picking up via Riemann 0.3.6.

Looks like the out of date dependency was already solved in https://github.com/riemann/riemann/pull/985, but there hasn't been any release since that was merged.

I'm just wondering if there is any prospect of a new release sometime soon before I start considering building our own custom version based on 0.3.6 with just that fix.

Thanks,
Matt

Fabien Wernli

Nov 17, 2021, 3:31:54 AM11/17/21
to Riemann Users
I'm sure james or kyle will pop up and roll a new release soon(ish).
We've been running master (or main or whatever HEAD is called these days) in production a lot, so I guess that's not a bad option while waiting for the release.

James Turnbull

Nov 17, 2021, 2:48:20 PM11/17/21
to Riemann Users
Hey folks.

I am currently traveling and well, it’s been a bit of year. :)

I am going to try to get a new release out next week.

Apologies for the silence.

Regards

James

Matthew Sheppard

Nov 24, 2021, 1:01:49 AM11/24/21
to Riemann Users
Awesome - Thanks James. We appreciate all your work on the project!

Matt