How do I know if my idea is worth patenting?

Ric Richardson

Apr 28, 2012, 9:59:20 AM4/28/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
 If you want this answered please tell me what particular question you want asnwered... ie how to value an idea... how protectable is it? etc

Adam Wilson

Apr 28, 2012, 10:12:59 PM4/28/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
Is it worth patenting my idea and trying to market it my self? or to try and find someone to buy the idea and recieve royalties?

Also, being a low cost , easy to make (for myself) Product, I have people that will be able to help me manufacture the invention, but i would like to know how to stop and if it will stop, intellectual
property theft?

Any help you can offer will be great
Adam
Message has been deleted

Ric Richardson

Oct 21, 2012, 7:14:37 AM10/21/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
Tbe most important thing is to work out if it can be protected since if you do anything and it can be stolen then all the work is for nought...so id look in the patent database such as Google Patents to see if something like it has been patented... and then look for a product like it to see what the sales could possibly be... its a pretty nebulous question but more about how real the problem is that your project is solving... hope this helps a bit...
Ric

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Barrie Heaton <heaton...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Saturday, 28 April 2012 23:59:20 UTC+10, Ric Richardson  wrote:
> If you want this answered please tell me what particular question you want asnwered... ie how to value an idea... how protectable is it? etc

Hi Ric

I need this question answered as well. I have an invention but I am not sure if it is worth pursuing. I have the funds to patent myself, but have no idea where to start.

http://www.ricrichardson.com
US Tel: +1.714.656.3750
AU Tel: +61.2.8003.7490