i-phone apps

Peter@Brissy

May 16, 2012, 7:01:02 PM5/16/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ric, I have had this i-phone app running around in  my head for quite a while and friends i have mentioned it to seem to think it would work. So, should i get the idea patented, and if so, how do i do it, and also can anyone recommend someone to me that can do apps professionally.

Thanks for your time,
Peter.

Ric Richardson

May 21, 2012, 3:43:59 AM5/21/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
Sure mate, look on google patents for iphone apps and see if any are similar to what you are trying to do then use it as a template for your own patent... of course before trying to have a go at a patent id get the book from NOLO press I mention here in the forum... is that enough to get you started?

Peter@Brissy

May 29, 2012, 8:23:00 PM5/29/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info Ric. I have been chatting online with the people from smarterapps, do you know if these guys are reputable or do you know of someone better to deal with?

Cheers,

Peter

Ric Richardson

May 30, 2012, 7:10:05 AM5/30/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
First what is the budget? If its low id try freelancer.com or rentacoder.com if you can pay aussie rates then id start calling coders and find someone who has done something like what you want to do.. in fact the first thing id do is look in the app store for the closest app to the one i have in mind in terms of functionality and find out who coded it.. then ask them.. hope that helps.
Ric