Commercialization Srategy

Scott Taylor

Jun 25, 2012, 9:46:27 AM6/25/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ric.  Any thoughts on Infomercial companies as a commercialization 'vehicle' for retail product / inventions?

Ric Richardson

Jun 25, 2012, 8:34:59 PM6/25/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
Hi mate. I don't think one way or the other. I always use a professional CEO to make those decisions. My mantra is to delegate where I have weaknesses. And my weakness is market entry. I think most inventors are the same way so I work out how to find the right person to do it for me. R

Myloop

Jun 25, 2012, 10:53:53 PM6/25/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
Taking one step back; I'm getting the idea that your CEO has different meaning from the traditional ceo.  Who is a CEO?  You often say you find the right CEO, but how does one source these people?  Do you do this through networking, professional finders?

Ric Richardson

Jun 25, 2012, 11:12:22 PM6/25/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
You use your bus plan to work out how to get from A to B, What is B? A trade sale usually. I work out the top three targets for a trade sale then work back from there. Who has done a trade sale to one of the the top three targets for a price around what you want to sell to... then you go shopping for a CEO. I dont use connections. I use headhunters and internet research and anyone I know familiar with the target companies.

Who better to run your company than someone who has sold something like it before?

http://www.ricrichardson.com
US Tel: +1.714.656.3750
AU Tel: +61.2.8003.7490

Scott Taylor

Jul 8, 2012, 9:39:14 PM7/8/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ric.  Currently searching for my CEO.  So, with a camp bed would someone like the Jan Cameron, founder of the Kathmandu clothing company be a suitable target?  Or perhaps she's too high up the food chain and falls in to the investor category that my CEO would approach?  Appreciate your guidance.  Cheers,  Scott

Ric Richardson

Aug 22, 2012, 8:39:39 PM8/22/12
to rics-inve...@googlegroups.com
Sorry mate don't know the space but as long as she has done a deal the size of the company you want to have as an exit... then great... its all about having had experience at running then selling a company to the target acquiring company.
Ric