Newbie

shibukth...@gmail.com

May 10, 2005, 10:22:05 AM5/10/05
to ribo...@googlegroups.com
hai everyone I am a M.Sc student in Biotechnology. I am from
India.Interested in joining the group ribosomes. Love to hear from you
all. Bye

William Knight

May 10, 2005, 10:55:36 AM5/10/05
to ribo...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the ribosomes group, shibukthankappan. This group is for
discussing all things related to ribosomes. This can include some more
general issues in molecular biology, if there is some kind of
connection to ribosomes and protein synthesis. Because the ribosome is
a functional example of a Nanoscale Programmable Molecular Assembler
(NPMA), there is also a connection to things such as biotechnology and
nanotechnology.

Recently, there has been some discussion in areas that are not
specifically scientific in nature, such as the ethics of cloning.
Although this is not strictly related to the main topic of ribosomes, I
feel that discussion of the ethical implications of scientific research
is important, so that sort of thing may come up from time to time on
this group as well.

fayyaz

May 11, 2005, 2:27:26 AM5/11/05
to ribo...@googlegroups.com