About to get a quote for a production run

Scott Seidman

Feb 27, 2020, 5:52:17 PM2/27/20
to Rhythm Badges
Just want to confirm that the latest Gerbers are https://github.com/HumanDynamics/openbadge/tree/master/eagle/nRF_badge/Badge_03_v6/export_20180201

Also, the original maker of the nRF part seems to have sold off that part of the business, and I'll replace that with digikey part
672-BMD-200-B-R-00CT-ND
in the BOM

Oren Lederman

Feb 27, 2020, 7:39:27 PM2/27/20
to Scott Seidman, Rhythm Badges
Yup, these are the latest gerber files. Please keep us updated on the new part.

When you try to program the badges, you might get some errors. Checkout this (open...) bug and the suggested solution - https://github.com/HumanDynamics/openbadge/issues/123

Finally, keep in mind that there are two versions you can try to use - v3.0 (https://github.com/HumanDynamics/openbadge/releases/tag/3.0, which is the master branch) and v2.6 (https://github.com/HumanDynamics/openbadge/releases/tag/2.6).
Version v3.0 is a complete re-write of the badge firmware. I tested it extensively, but never tried it in a production deployment. v2.6 was used in deployments successfully.

Scott Seidman

Mar 5, 2020, 3:47:03 PM3/5/20
to Rhythm Badges
Got our first quote last week, a hair about $50/board for 250, with relatively quick turnaround.  Parts run about $30 in that quant, so assembly is about $20.

Note that one of the caps (C2,C7,C14, C15, C17) was scheduled for obsolescence, and this assembly house made a recommendation for replacement:

Part - GRM188R71C104KA01D (C2,C7,C14,C15,C17) Scheduled for obsolescence.

Replacement part - 0603YC104KAT2A