Problem migrating server

Joonas himmanen

Aug 7, 2020, 2:03:38 AM8/7/20
to Rhythm Badges
Continuing this after a summer break and I have once again hit a wall.
I am currently trying to setup a django server but when trying to migrate (or creating superuser etc) I get a syntax error:

startuplab@startuplab:~/openbadge-server$ docker-compose -f dev.yml run django python manage.py migrate

Starting openbadge-server_postgres_1 ... done

Postgres is up - continuing...

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "manage.py", line 23, in <module>

execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 338, in execute_from_command_line

utility.execute()

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 312, in execute

django.setup()

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/__init__.py", line 18, in setup

apps.populate(settings.INSTALLED_APPS)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/apps/registry.py", line 85, in populate

app_config = AppConfig.create(entry)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/apps/config.py", line 86, in create

module = import_module(entry)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module

__import__(name)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/controlcenter/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>

from .dashboards import Dashboard  # NOQA

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/controlcenter/dashboards.py", line 10, in <module>

from . import app_settings

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/controlcenter/app_settings.py", line 1, in <module>

from pkgconf import Conf

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkgconf/__init__.py", line 44

class Conf(metaclass=ConfMeta):

                     ^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

startuplab@startuplab:~/openbadge-server$ ^C

startuplab@startuplab:~/openbadge-server$

Could it be that when building the server, it is installing wrong python versions of the packages or have some other issues with the 2.7 due to the support being dropped?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Joonas himmanen

Aug 25, 2020, 8:38:33 PM8/25/20
to Rhythm Badges
Fixed the issue by adjusting the base.txt requirements file. Not sure which one fixed the issue as I did two changes at the same time
Fix number1:
django-controlcenter===0.2.6   there is  an extra = so removed that
Added the package  django-pkgconf==0.3.0 as that was what it was referring in the error.

Oren Lederman

Aug 28, 2020, 2:24:15 PM8/28/20
to jope...@hotmail.com, Rhythm Badges
That's for letting us know. I actually tried to setup the server and help but I've been having issues with getting it to connect to my local database for some reason.

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020, 06:48 jope...@hotmail.com <jope...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Fixed the issue by adjusting the base.txt requirements file. Not sure which one fixed the issue as I did two changes at the same time
Fix number1:
django-controlcenter===0.2.6   there is  an extra = so removed that
Added the package  django-pkgconf==0.3.0 as that was what it was referring in the error.

The server is now running and I can finally continue working on it.

Joonas himmanen

Aug 28, 2020, 4:06:39 PM8/28/20
to Rhythm Badges
I will keep you updated if I run across more problems while I start installing raspberry pis and connecting them to the server.

(Btw if you got tons of messages of me posting to this topic, that's because the new version of Google Groups would just automatically delete my messages so had to use the old version)