Roundtable App for data collection and visualization?

Pascal Bock

Jun 6, 2019, 2:49:50 AM6/6/19
to Rhythm Badges

Hi all,

we want to start experimenting with the integration of visualized live feedback of communication patterns in group settings. As a first step with the lowest entry barrier we found on the website about rhythm platform the possibility to do it via the Roundtable App. Do I understand the idea of this App correctly, that is enables smartphones to act like a badge for data collection as well as being able to visualize the data collected from connected smartphones via the app?

We want to try to build this kind of scenario for a first experimentation with the topic. Unfortunately we couldn’t find the code for that in the Github repository. The Code that we found (https://github.com/HumanDynamics/openbadge-hub) headlined with RoundTable App seems to only perform the visualization of data collected from Badges but not enable smartphones to act as badges.

Any ideas or links would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Pascal

Oren Lederman

Jun 8, 2019, 10:31:01 AM6/8/19
to Pascal Bock, Rhythm Badges
Hi Pascal, that's for reaching out! The site is a bit confusing - we no longer work on the app that acts as a data collector. Instead, there's an app that communicates with our physical badges to collect the data and present it in real time.

Justen Gardner

Mar 5, 2020, 11:05:50 AM3/5/20
to Rhythm Badges
Dr. Lederman,

I am working on making some badges as well as setting up the back end system for Brigham Young University. It would be nice to be able to use a smartphone app as a hub instead of the Raspberry-Pi based hubs. Is this what the app you uses does? I have looked through the Github repositories, but I still am unsure about the exact functionality of this app as well as how to set it up on a smartphone. Could you help me get some more information about that?

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 11:49 PM Pascal Bock <pascal...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Oren Lederman

Mar 9, 2020, 11:34:33 AM3/9/20
to Justen Gardner, Rhythm Badges
Hi Justen,

The openbadge-hub is the (Android) app we used in some of our studies - https://github.com/HumanDynamics/openbadge-hub . However, I do not recommend that you use it.
The code in the master branch is, well, bad. It's also uses very old version of JS and other dependencies. We had an attempt to re-write the code in a much cleaner way (see the branch - https://github.com/HumanDynamics/openbadge-hub/tree/ngOpenBadge). But we ran out of time and resources to complete it. It is, however, much cleaner than the master branch, and could help understand how to write a new app if needed.

Oren

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rhythm-badges/3f0742be-0f4f-4ac4-8df9-8c7cd2460ebf%40googlegroups.com.