RhoRunner crash on iOS

Shaun Smith

Jul 24, 2014, 4:24:06 PM7/24/14
to rhom...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I've got a RhoMobile 4.x app that is crashing on iOS. It seems to happen when the device doesn't have much memory left, and right after a RhoConnect sync finishes.

Our way we've managed to reproduce the crash is by logging into the app, starting a face time call, then going back into the app, triggering a sync, finally stopping the face time call, and then going back into the app. It then crashes. Our users are experiencing it more often, generally after a phone call.

When the app crashes, it shows that RhoRunner has stopped working because of a EXC_GUARD exception. The exception subtype is GUARD_TYPE_FD, and the exception message is `CLOSE on file descriptor 14`. Looking at where it crashes, it seems to happen in the HttpServer.cpp file on line 350. The method it seems to be calling is CHttpServer::stop(). This is the full line from the crash report:

rhorunner                     0x0038f898 rho::net::CHttpServer::stop() (HttpServer.cpp:350)

Any ideas?

Shaun Smith

Jul 24, 2014, 4:25:06 PM7/24/14
to rhom...@googlegroups.com
I'd also like to add that the crash is not happening on the Android build of the application.