RhodeCode 4.0.0 Released as OpenSource version

marcin

May 26, 2016, 11:43:09 AM5/26/16
to rhodecode

Hi all,

Exciting news: RhodeCode is Open Source! RhodeCode 4.0, one of our largest releases to date, is now available under the AGPL license. You can read more about the move in our blog (https://rhodecode.com/blog/113/rhodecode-goes-open-source-unified-security-for-git-svn-mercurial).

In short, RhodeCode comes new in two editions: Community (CE) and Enterprise (EE). RhodeCode CE is open source and free for unlimited number users. RhodeCode EE is priced per user and adds technical support and enterprise integrations.

RhodeCode 4.0 includes many major improvements over versions 1.x and 2.x: security fixes, UX, and performance optimizations, better code search and indexing. And since it is made with Pyramid and Pylons, it is highly modular and easy-to-contribute.

In the last few years, the platform has been adopted by some of the world's largest and most secure companies. With the move to open source we want to give developers a way to build great tools and integrations on top of the unified and secure repository management.

Feel free to contribute to the platform (latest source code and instructions are available under code.rhodecode.com). There’s also a Community Portal (http://community.rhodecode.com) for help and discussions . It’s good to be back, we are excited to see how RhodeCode will develop over time.

Best,

Marcin