404 for new Pull requests in git repos on demo server.

n8gray

Jul 17, 2012, 1:59:18 PM7/17/12
to rhod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just discovered RhodeCode last night and so far I'm impressed.  However, I did notice that if I try to make a new pull request in a git repo in the demo server it gives a 404.  Are pull requests supported on git repos?

Thanks,
-n8

Marcin Kuzminski

Jul 17, 2012, 3:17:34 PM7/17/12
to rhod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The beta version(currently at demo) is for testing new pull requests and review functionality, it's for now just for mercurial (ui is not finished so the buttons are visible for git for now).
Currently we need to polish the whole review flow and UI for mercurial, right after that goes stable we'll implement the same thing for git, all functions and the whole pull requests / codereview system are prepared
to support both git and mercurial, but for now the active diff between two repos is working only for mercurial.

Arialdo Martini

Mar 7, 2013, 11:10:15 AM3/7/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com
So, as far as I understand, there's no support for pull request with git repositories. Am I right?

Marcin Kuźmiński

Mar 7, 2013, 11:30:14 AM3/7/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we're still working on improving the whole review/pull request flow in RhodeCode for mercurial, next step is git

Marcin Kuzminski

Arialdo Martini

Mar 7, 2013, 11:36:24 AM3/7/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com, mar...@python-works.com
I'm very happy to know that RC supports a real pull-request based workflow for hg (and, it will support it for git as well).
This is THE killer feature, to me.

I noticed that after having created a pull request (in a hg repo), new commits in the same branch are not automatically included in the pull request.

Is it intentional? Am I using the feature in the wrong way?

Marcin Kuźmiński

Mar 7, 2013, 11:41:09 AM3/7/13
to Arialdo Martini, rhod...@googlegroups.com
Yes so this is what we're working on now. (now you need to merge manually unfortunately)
We want to have separated workflows including separation of review process from pull-requests (which in the end mean merge request or server side merging).

There are few nice ideas behind that including cherry picking commits/rebase of changesets, auto-merging after completing the review etc.

Cheers

Marcin Kuzminski

Bogdan Kulbida

Apr 3, 2013, 8:37:40 AM4/3/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com, Arialdo Martini, mar...@python-works.com
Hi Gents!
We are excited!! Waiting forward for the Git pull request :) You are rock!

krzysztof zapala

May 14, 2013, 6:49:54 AM5/14/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com, Arialdo Martini, mar...@python-works.com
Hi,

Is this functionality already implemented for GIT? I do not see an option to create pull request for GIT repository, also 'Compre fork' displays 404 not found

I have checked RhodeCode 1.6.0rc1 available on demo server

Regards!

marcin

Sep 4, 2013, 8:01:06 AM9/4/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com, Arialdo Martini, mar...@python-works.com