whoosh_HG_INDEX_jwmHIS.run file in /tmp

cdsm...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2013, 11:56:19 AM8/1/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

When we run a reindex on our CentOS Linux server, we are finding it creates files like these below in the /tmp directory.

-rw------- 1 rhodecode rhodecode 57481268 Aug  1 10:47 whoosh_HG_INDEX_jwmHIS.run
-rw------- 1 rhodecode rhodecode 57481268 Aug  1 10:47 whoosh_HG_INDEX_jwmHIS.run
-rw------- 1 rhodecode rhodecode 57415531 Aug  1 10:52 whoosh_HG_INDEX_o9xsBc.run

What are these files?  Are they needed after indexing is done?  Can we redirect them to point to a different location other than /tmp?  We are running the reindex from the GUI tool.  It didn't seem to matter if we build from scratch or not when reindexing.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Mike

cdsm...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2013, 12:40:00 PM8/1/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com
Here are all the versions I am currently running.

Babel==0.9.6
Beaker==1.6.4
FormEncode==1.2.4
Mako==0.7.3
Markdown==2.2.1
MarkupSafe==0.15
MySQL-python==1.2.4
Paste==1.7.5.1
PasteDeploy==1.5.0
PasteScript==1.7.5
Pygments==1.6rc1
Pylons==1.0
RhodeCode==1.7.1
Routes==1.13
SQLAlchemy==0.7.10
Tempita==0.5.1
WebError==0.10.3
WebHelpers==1.3
WebOb==1.0.8
WebTest==1.4.3
Whoosh==2.4.1
amqp==1.0.6
amqplib==1.0.2
anyjson==0.3.3
argparse==1.2.1
billiard==2.7.3.19
celery==2.2.5
decorator==3.4.0
docutils==0.8.1
dulwich==0.8.7
importlib==1.0.2
kombu==1.0.7
mercurial==2.6.2
mock==1.0.1
nose==1.2.1
ordereddict==1.1
py-bcrypt==0.2
pyparsing==1.5.7
python-dateutil==1.5
python-ldap==2.3.13
python-memcached==1.48
repoze.lru==0.6
simplejson==2.5.2
unittest2==0.5.1
waitress==0.8.4
wsgiref==0.1.2

cdsm...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2013, 11:00:19 AM8/2/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com
I've temporarily fixed the issue by putting this in a bash script

export TMPDIR=/path/to/new/tmp/directory
/opt/rhodecode-venv/bin/paster make-index /opt/rhodecode/production.ini

Now the temp files are being created in the directory path in my TMPDIR logical.   I've created an enhancement here https://bitbucket.org/marcinkuzminski/rhodecode/issue/885/whoosh-index-tmp-files-going-to-tmp  so we can have something in production.ini file to set this instead of resorting to bash scripts.