Cyrrilic symbols commit message encoding

Max

Apr 5, 2013, 1:30:12 AM4/5/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

The problem is that commit messages with cyrillic symbols are replaced with question marks when I see them in the RhodeCode which is used to work with in our company.
At the same time when I commit to the http://demo.rhodecode.org/ cyrillic symbols in commit messages are shown as they should be.
So, as I think, the problem is somewhere in our RhodeCode settings but I can't find out where it really is.

We're using RhodeCode 1.5.4 with SQLite + rabbitmq + celery

Output of locale:
[user@repovm ~]# locale
LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Production.ini
default_encoding = utf8,cp866,cp1251

Thanks for your help

Max

Apr 9, 2013, 1:15:01 AM4/9/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com
SQLite encoding is also utf-8:

sqlite> PRAGMA encoding;
UTF-8

Marcin Kuźmiński

Apr 16, 2013, 7:16:09 AM4/16/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com
i think it might be sqlite issue. Since demo is working on postgres.

Marcin Kuzminski

Andrew Dromaretsky

Aug 3, 2013, 12:23:56 AM8/3/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com
I am also noticed this problem when using MySQL in Ubuntu 13.04.

RhodeCode autostarted as daemon when OS loading - all cyrillic symbols replaced with «?»

There is a strange thing - restarting the RhodeCode daemon solve this problem (until restart).

Maybe the reason is that RhodeCode starting while MySQL not fully loaded?

marcin

Oct 1, 2013, 10:15:58 AM10/1/13
to rhod...@googlegroups.com
Just FYI adding this:https://secure.rhodecode.org/_admin/gists/36 into init.d script solves this issue.