Rhino ETL does not throw error.

Vijay Sheganti

May 12, 2017, 2:20:35 AM5/12/17
to Rhino Tools Dev
In Rhino ETL, when processing data from source to target, even when there are errors or if the package is failed to load the data bcoz of schema mismatch/column truncation etc.. the code does not throw any error. The execution would be a success but no changes in data.

Please help on the below,
1. Do we have a way to make Rhino throw an error or warning in such failure cases?
2. Also to have logging in Rhino packages, it's hard to identify where to have the logging(i.e. in which method of an operation we can add logging)

Someone, please give an advice on this.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

May 12, 2017, 3:25:45 AM5/12/17
to rhino-tools-dev
No, it should be error immediately.
You have logging there, IIRC, using Common.Logging:

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Vijay Sheganti

May 24, 2017, 2:31:22 AM5/24/17
to Rhino Tools Dev
Okay.. Thank You Oren.

I'll explore on using WithLoggingMixin.cs. Meanwhile, provide me if there are any samples on how to use this logging (i.e. if the configuration is required, where and what to configure).