Using Rhino Queues for embedded persistent queues

James Miller

May 23, 2016, 2:15:45 PM5/23/16
to Rhino Tools Dev
I am looking for simple, low-cost (i.e. free) messaging solution that will run locally and supports HTTP-based pub/sub.  Unfortunately I think I have to build my own solution to get what I need.  And that has brought me to Rhino Queues.

Can I simply add the Rhino.Queues NuGet package to my project and make use of the queues in my application? If so, where can I find better documentation that explains the proper use of the queues? For instance, when running in-process, what do I specify for an endpoint?

I will not be running multiple instances and everything will be running on a single machine.  And, only the broker component will be using the queues.

I am not interested in Rhino Service Bus because I do not want to tightly couple my services to a tool-specific client library/sdk (thus the HTTP-based model).  But, if I have missed something with RSB, please let me know.

Any direction, references and/or advice is appreciated.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

May 23, 2016, 2:17:04 PM5/23/16
to rhino-tools-dev
You can do that, yes. There are no docs beyond the blog posts we have there.
You might also want to check lightning queues which seems more active.

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811