Pull requests for SortMergeJoinOperation and Use classes

Gerke Geurts

Dec 13, 2013, 3:20:43 AM12/13/13
to rhino-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have submitted pull requests with unit tests and patches for a couple of issues I encountered while developing a Rhino.Etl based solution:
  • The new SortMergeJoinOperation class can loose the final rows in outer joins if multiple rows at the end of either the left or right side don't match up. Pull request https://github.com/hibernating-rhinos/rhino-etl/pull/14 fixes this problem.
  • The use of ProviderName in System.Configuration.ConnectionStringSettings instances does not match up with regular ADO.NET use. Rhino.Etl expects the assembly qualified name of a connection class (System.Data.Common.IDbConnection implementation) whereas the intended use seems to be to specify a data provider name that can be mapped to a System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactory using the System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories class (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms971499.aspx). A connection instance can than be obtained by calling the DBProviderFactory.CreateConnection() method. Pull request https://github.com/hibernating-rhinos/rhino-etl/pull/15 modifies the Rhino.Etl.Infrastructure.Use class to support the data provider model while maintaining backwards compatibility.
I hope these pull requests can be integrated in the current code base.

Kind Regards,
Gerke.

Nathan Palmer

Jan 23, 2014, 10:46:54 PM1/23/14
to rhino-t...@googlegroups.com
Gerke,

Both of these have been pulled in and I released 1.2.4 on Nuget that includes them (with the exception of defaulting SqlClient when nothing is provided.)

Nathan Palmer