HI Friends

1 view

asim...@yahoo.com

Mar 12, 2008, 5:25:31 AM3/12/08
to Rhetoric Of Fiction

The text was more interesting to me and I understand that Lipppi-
Green claims Disney features to serve childrens to distingush by
portraying bad characters with foreign accents.For example in The
Lion King there are two brothers one is protogonist who speaks in US
english accent ,the other one speaks in British accent and he envies
his brother and looks for chances to kill him.It impacts on children
in two ways according to my view;1) it teaches them to protect
themselves from the people who are not speaking in their accent2) it
makes the people to hate people whose accent is strange to them. These
are the seeming part of the Disney features the aim of
them ,according to Lippi-Green ,is to subordinate ethnic groups
through language and it means that character accents in the films are
often not real and are the intended effect of the producer of the film
using of «non-authentic» accented speech in the media to affect child
viewers