[Bike to the Future] October Monthly Meeting (this Tuesday), AT infrastructure projects (good media, positive letters)

Bike to the Future

Oct 10, 2010, 9:11:54 AM10/10/10
to Bike to the Future announcements
Hello Bike to the Future members and supporters!

This is another newsletter with only three items:

1. October Monthly Meeting (this Tuesday)
2. AT infrastructure projects (good media, positive letters)
3. BttF's 2010 Annual General Meeting -- Tuesday November 9th

Kevin Miller
Bike to the Future, Co-Chair
biketothefuture.org
___________________________

October Monthly Meeting

Tuesday October 12th at 5:30 PM at the Sport for Life Centre (145 Pacific Ave & Lily St in the east Exchange). Everyone is welcome to attend.

Agenda

September Monthly Meeting minutes
___________________________

AT infrastructure projects (good media, positive letters)

The last few weeks have been difficult for us, but there have been many encouraging signs recently:
  • We've posted ~40 media stories in the past month. The vast majority of the 15 stories in the last week have supported the new AT infrastructure projects, including Anders Swanson's Op Ed piece (Cars and bicycles can get along) in yesterday's Free Press.
A major thank you goes out to our core BttF volunteers who have worked an extreme number of hours in the past few weeks to facilitate the positive shift in media and public opinion.

BttF's 2010 Annual General Meeting -- Tuesday November 9th

Bike to the Future's 2010 Annual General Meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday November 9th at 5:30 at the Sport for Life Centre. It will be immediately followed by our November Monthly Meeting. We'll be selling memberships and T-shirts prior to, during, and after the meetings.

Agenda
  • Welcome and introductions
  • Presentation of Annual Financial Statements
  • Presentation of Directors’ Annual Reports
  • Election of a new Board of Directors by all members.
    There will be at least two openings on BttF's Board. It's important that we have a strong and capable Board to ensure that Bike to the Future continues to be guided along our Mission and towards our Vision. If you are interested in serving, would like to nominate someone, or if you'd like more info, please contact us.
Complete info