[Bike to the Future] Bike to Work Day is this Friday June 24

Bike to the Future

Jun 20, 2011, 11:29:19 PM6/20/11
to Bike to the Future announcements
Hello Bike to the Future members and supporters. This newsletter contains only 3 items:

1. June Monthly Meeting -- minutes posted
2. Winnipeg Cycling Map 2011 -- Google-based interactive version
3. Bike to Work Day is this Friday June 24

Kevin Miller
Bike to the Future, Co-Chair
biketothefuture.org
_____________________________

June Monthly Meeting -- minutes posted

Our June Monthly Meeting minutes have been posted at biketothefuture.org/about/meetings.

Our July Monthly Meeting is on Tuesday July 12 at 5:30 PM at the Sport for Life Centre.
____________________________

Winnipeg Cycling Map 2011 -- Google-based interactive version

A Google-based interactive version of Winnipeg Cycling Map 2011 is now available in BETA mode.

Details and a link to the interactive map
____________________________

Bike to Work Day is this Friday June 24

Join us in making an impact by cycling to work on Friday June 24 as part of the 4th annual Bike to Work Day.

By registering online for free, not only will you get a chance to take part in all of the day's events (including complimentary snacks, beverages, a BBQ, prizes, and parties), you will add your voice to ours and take a stand for a more bike-friendly Winnipeg.

This year we celebrate both the advances in our city's cycling infrastructure and Bike to Work Day itself. Please take a moment to learn more at biketoworkdaywinnipeg.org. Even if you are not sure whether you can bike on Friday June 24, please register because your registration and support of the event will help grow Bike to Work Day.

Bike to Work Day schedule

6:30 - 9:00 AM: Pit Stops
Locate one of 24 Pit Stops using our online map. Stop along your commute and receive free snacks and coffee (available on a first-come, first-serve basis) along with other schwag and T-shirts. Find a buddy and share the ride to work. Please note that there will not be pancake breakfast this year; instead we will be hosting a BBQ in the late afternoon.

4:00 - 7:00 PM: Manitoba Lotteries BBQ at The Forks
Stop by on your way home for free music and a great party. Free food for the first 300 cyclists.

We look forward to seeing you on your bike.