Rhadoopn Logistic Regression predict()

刘文杰

Nov 21, 2014, 4:48:24 AM11/21/14
to rha...@googlegroups.com
I have built Logistic Regression model on Rhadoop with mapreduce. However,I have a question.How to precidict the result of testdata. Should I use predict() function? In fact,I have tried predict() function,it gave me error. I built Logistic Regression model  in R with glm() ,it run successfully. What is the reason? Thanks for your attention!

Antonio Piccolboni

Nov 21, 2014, 11:51:30 AM11/21/14
to rha...@googlegroups.com
Because that example doesn't return a model object like glm. The examples are just examples, they do not constitute a separate library. Furthermore model objects in R contain a copy of the data, which is unlikely to work for big data. So one would have to define something like a big.model class and predict method for that class that launches a mapreduce job etc etc. Great idea for a new open source project.