Reading table to R in Jupyter

Ivan Shamshurin

Nov 16, 2015, 2:29:24 PM11/16/15
to RHadoop
Hi all,

I am new in RHadoop and I am struggling with reading table from HDFS database. The table has the following path "/apps/hive/warehouse/test.db/households".

At the beginning I ran:
> library(rhdfs)
> hdfs.init()

So far I was trying to use hdfs.read() and input() and got errors:

> input("/apps/hive/warehouse/test.db/households")
Error in mr(map = map, reduce = reduce, combine = combine, vectorized.reduce, : hadoop streaming failed with error code 1

> dummy.data <- hdfs.read("/apps/hive/warehouse/test.db/households")
Error in con$buffersize: $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ivan