Can I apply the neural network (or SVM) model in R package to Rhadoop?

xl Liang

Jul 23, 2013, 10:21:57 PM7/23/13
to rha...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to use the machine learning algorithms (e.g. neural network, SVM) for classication problem. However, since the dataset I used is very large (about 4 million samples), so it seem not to be implemented in my local R environment. Thus, I wonder that whether  these kind of algoritms can be apply to large data on RHadoop to solve above problem and reduce the running time. If do, how to modify the algoritms to make it run on RHadoop?

Antonio Piccolboni

Jul 24, 2013, 9:01:35 AM7/24/13
to RHadoop Google Group

Mapreduce versions of these two algorithms have been described in a nips 2006 paper but I suspect the r implementation hasn't been done yet, at least in a freely or commercially available product of which I am aware.

Antonio

--
post: rha...@googlegroups.com ||