Using Rhadoop ,rmr ,Hive

Sarvesh Jain

Mar 2, 2015, 6:52:25 AM3/2/15
to rha...@googlegroups.com
 Rhbase doesnt support SQL query like group by. I came across a solution i.e. HIVE.
My question is can I use HIVE with rmr package? Input to map using hive and writing reduce result to Hive.
I found a RHive package (Link attached). Is this Rhive package compatible with rmr?

Link : http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RHive/index.html

Antonio Piccolboni

Mar 2, 2015, 11:33:56 AM3/2/15
to RHadoop Google Group
On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 3:52 AM, Sarvesh Jain <sarvesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
 Rhbase doesnt support SQL query like group by.

Because  hbase doesn't.

I came across a solution i.e. HIVE.
My question is can I use HIVE with rmr package?

No, but there is a format to read the default hive format, so you can do some work with one and some with the other.

Input to map using hive and writing reduce result to Hive.

As far as using SQL, this doesn't help. As far as doing IO to a table, yes, you need to use an external table and the pig.hive format in rmr2.

I found a RHive package (Link attached). Is this Rhive package compatible with rmr?

Not that I know of

Antonio

--
post: rha...@googlegroups.com ||