Data nodes Need R or R-Server

Manish Maheshwari

Apr 25, 2015, 9:13:44 AM4/25/15
to rha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

We are using the Install Guide for plyrmr and rmr2 from RevoR site. It says that we need these 2 packages installed on all the nodes. However it does not specify what R needs to be installed on the Data nodes. Does it need to be simple R or do we need RStudio Server kind of R

Thanks,
Manish

Konstantinos Mammas

Apr 26, 2015, 9:38:06 AM4/26/15
to rha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manish,

In my hadoop cluster I installed R in all nodes. R studio was installed to the master node or any other node I wished to work on. Note that you have to install all packages on all nodes. You can do this by running R on shell.

I hope this helped.

Thanks,

Kostas