HDFS.init() Hanging in R Console and RGui

gmack

Sep 18, 2013, 3:15:25 PM9/18/13
to rha...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I am new to the world of Hadoop and trying to integrate RHadoop repos with a Hadoop lab built of HDP 1.3 for Windows. I can successfully run:

library(rmr2)

and

library(rhdfs)

from the R console and GUI.

But, when I run hdfs.init(), the process just hangs. We are currently building this lab as a proof of concept to evaluate how our organization might leverage Hadoop. Our CTO and analytics folks would like to see how R plays with Hadoop as well.

Thanks in advance!

David Champagne

Sep 19, 2013, 11:32:20 AM9/19/13
to rha...@googlegroups.com
I haven't seen hdfs.init "hang" before.  Are you sure you have rJava installed and working properly?  Did you set the HADOOP_CMD environment variable?  You can always set through the source code of the function to see what might be causing a problem