Re: [RGeo-users] File conversion in Ruby Rails - Shapefile to geoJSON

Daniel Azuma

Jul 31, 2018, 4:10:45 PM7/31/18
to rgeo-...@googlegroups.com
There are separate gems rgeo-shapefile and rgeo-geojson that provide the conversion functionality.

Daniel

On 31 Jul, 2018, at 02:38, phil...@theodi.org wrote:

I'm looking to bring a feature into a ruby rails application that will allow users to upload shapefiles and have them converted to geoJSON. Having looked at rgeo I can't see a clear way to achieve this.

The only other option I can see is employing a utility like ogr2ogr.

If anyone had any pointers on this, it would be very appreciated.

Regards,

phil...@theodi.org

Aug 1, 2018, 11:33:18 AM8/1/18
to RGeo-Users
Thank you!

phil...@theodi.org

Aug 2, 2018, 7:04:59 AM8/2/18
to RGeo-Users
I've done quite a bit of reading and research around this and I'm struggling to work out how I would achieve the conversion from Shapefile to GeoJSON, any pointers towards articels or tutorials you may know of would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!