Moving a geoPoint

Christopher Würtz

May 24, 2017, 4:13:30 AM5/24/17
to RGeo-Users
Hi,

I receive a database which is a set of tiles.
A tile is defined by a reference geopoint: the top right corner, then it has a fixed length in meters.

I would transform it to a cartesian shape.

I can transform one geopoint to a cartesian point.
But for the three other corner of the shape, I would move the reference geopoint to N meter on a direction. "north"/"south" and "west"/"east" of the custom geographical system.

i.e:

- top right corner: transform(geopoint[x, y])
- top left corner: transform( move(geopoint[x, y], n, 0) )
- bottom left corner: transform( move(geopoint[x, y], n, n) )
- bottom right corner: transform( move(geopoint[x, y], 0, n) )

I did not seen this feature on the documentation.

Any thoughts?