Upgrading Rails and Database from nofxx postgis_adapter to rgeo/activerecord-postgis-adapter gem

johl...@lqdigital.com

Dec 3, 2018, 6:55:19 PM12/3/18
to RGeo-Users
Hi All,

Google searches have failed me thus far, so I wanted to post my dilemma in here.

Has anyone in here had to update from the deprecated nofxx/postgis_adapter gem to rgeo's? I haven't been able to find any documentation around it. All our current location and geometry data was generated using the old gem, and in order to update Rails past 3.2.17, we need to move to rgeo.

Nabil Servais

Dec 7, 2018, 8:44:15 AM12/7/18
to RGeo-Users
Hello,

I think it will not be hard to migrate, because it use postgis type and functions.