Cannot compile RGBdemo libGL.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

Jose Soto

Dec 8, 2015, 9:59:36 PM12/8/15
to rgbdemo
Hi everyone, I'm trying to compile RGB demo in Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon 32-bit. I have installed required previous packages and libraries. When I run make I get the following error:

[ 56%] Building CXX object nestk/deps/openni/Nite/Samples/Players/CMakeFiles/Sample-Players.dir/kbhit.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable ../../../../../../bin/Sample-Players

/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/Sample-Players.dir/main.cpp.o: undefined reference to symbol 'glOrtho'
//usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
make[2]: *** [bin/Sample-Players] Error 1
make[1]: *** [nestk/deps/openni/Nite/Samples/Players/CMakeFiles/Sample-Players.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any suggestion?? I have not much experience in compiling programs.
Thanks, in advance José Soto

Doug LaRue

Feb 1, 2016, 8:49:43 PM2/1/16
to rgbdemo
no but I did get it installed in a Docker container on my Linux system which might help you. I posted a blog on it  : https://gottahackit.com/

Once you know the basics of Docker it really builds itself while it also provides you with all the instructions in the build script( Dockerfile ).

Jose Soto

Feb 2, 2016, 5:39:12 PM2/2/16
to rgbdemo
Thanks a lot Doug LaRue, but I have installed RGBDemo ver. 0.5 and works very well.
I'll check your post a little later.
Thanks in advance José Soto