RFM and Rails 3.0.1 ???

Cedric Tineo

Oct 31, 2010, 6:00:14 AM10/31/10
to RFM Community
Anyone has some experience using RFM lardawge with Rails 3? Does it
work well? Fully?

Any documentation out there on the topic?

I used to store a constant in config/environnement.rb to hold the
connection info of the server, such as:
FM_WEBSITE = {
:host => some-ip,
:port => 82,
:account_name => "web",
:password => "some-password",
:database => "Web Site",
:ssl => false
}

Seems like storing constants in environnement.rb is not the right way
in rails 3 - where and how should I store them? (very new to rails, 3
sorry if sounds like a noob's question)...

Thanks :-)

Cedric

lardawge

Oct 31, 2010, 1:20:56 PM10/31/10
to RFM Community
I don't have any specific notes about using it in rails3 but can say
that if you take the time to learn about activemodel it is much
cleaner to add validations and use it directly in the views. If I get
some time I will give some examples as to how to make that happen.

As far as the constant with rfm setting, you can keep it in
application.rb or in config/initializer in it's own settings file
rfm.rb.

mech

Nov 3, 2010, 1:55:10 PM11/3/10
to RFM Community
I do make use of Rfm to drive another ActiveModel-like layer to it.
Please see github.com/mech/fm_store and do leave a comment while
you're there.

John Lannon

Nov 3, 2010, 2:06:27 PM11/3/10
to rfmcom...@googlegroups.com
Wow, mech. Just browsing fm_store. Very cool. Thanks a lot for sharing that.

mech

Nov 4, 2010, 12:31:33 AM11/4/10
to RFM Community
Thanks John. You should take a look at Mongoid too. I copy most of the
idea there :) A very nice gem for MongoDB