[RFM] Rfm Direction (continued from Memory Usage)

lardawge

Jun 5, 2010, 12:06:50 PM6/5/10
to RFM Community
After seeing everyone's thoughts on different ways to approach this as
well as looking through different libraries, I think the best approach
is as follows:

Keep Rfm... well... rfm. No reason to shoehorn it into anything but an
adapter for ruby that is filemaker like. So the next version, 1.5,
would be a refactor with a few new features.

Roadmap for rfm:

-Add specs for everything (anyone interested in attacking this with
me would be forever awsome!).

-Add some new features like complex finds talked about elsewhere on
this list.

-Add support for REXML, Hpricot and the current Nokogiri. Basically
a Parser class that you could write adapters for.
What would be nice is the ability to write an adapter to add a new
parser in the future.

Please post anything iv'e missed and I will add...

Then the cool part, a rails mapper. RfmMapper would be the layer
between rfm and rails to make the rfm syntax more "railsy" as well as
create objects that comply with active_model.

RfmMapper features:

- ActiveModel compliance so that you could add validations and other
mixins from AM.

- ActiveRecord::Relations query syntax (obj.where.order())

- Proposed API (see gist url)

In my opinion this makes the most sense since the two have different
concerns.

Larry

Atsushi Matsuo

Jun 6, 2010, 2:47:37 AM6/6/10
to rfmcom...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great.
And I'm interested in adding specs.

--
Atsushi Matsuo
http://www.famlog.jp/

On 2010/06/06, at 1:06, lardawge wrote:
> Roadmap for rfm:
>
> -Add specs for everything (anyone interested in attacking this with
> me would be forever awsome!).
>
> -Add some new features like complex finds talked about elsewhere on
> this list.
>
> -Add support for REXML, Hpricot and the current Nokogiri. Basically
> a Parser class that you could write adapters for.
> What would be nice is the ability to write an adapter to add a new
> parser in the future.

> RfmMapper features:

mech

Jul 2, 2010, 3:47:53 AM7/2/10
to RFM Community
Hi Larry,

I have written something like what you have in mind. Calling it
fm_store which basically comply to ActiveModel and have only Callback
and Validations so far.

I would love to know when RfmMapper can be installed so I can use it.

mech
2010