Searching for records that are not empty

David Koontz

Sep 14, 2013, 4:59:05 PM9/14/13
to rfmcom...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to search for records based on a more general criteria than matching a value directly.  I need to find all records that are not blank for a particular field but wasn't sure how to express that.  I know that I can grab all the records and then filter in my client but that is time prohibitive for this particular layout.

David Koontz

Sep 17, 2013, 1:54:34 PM9/17/13
to rfmcom...@googlegroups.com

Linda Julien

Sep 16, 2013, 6:51:16 PM9/16/13
to rfmcom...@googlegroups.com
On 9/14/13 4:59 PM, David Koontz wrote:
> Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to search for records based on
> a more general criteria than matching a value directly. I need to find
> all records that are not blank for a particular field but wasn't sure
> how to express that.

I do that by searching for ">0". This works for most field types.

For dates, you need to use an actual date, so I pick something much
earlier than I will ever find in my DB, like ">1/1/1800".

Hope this helps,
Linda