Suggestions as to why I can't see portal data

Stephen

Aug 19, 2010, 7:28:43 AM8/19/10
to RFM Community
In a Rails console, I can successfully access a record and its fields.
The ResultSet's field_meta returns the expected hash. If I add
additional fields to the related layout, they are also returned in the
hash on the next request. I can change the value of a field and save
it back to the database.

However, ResultSet's portal_meta always returns an empty hash. And if
I access individual records in the ResultSet, their individual portals
hashes are always empty. I've tried on multiple layouts, built layouts
from scratch with simple portals (no filtered results, etc).

When I create the new server connection, I do set :log_actions to
true, so that I can see the URI being sent to retrieve the XML from
the server. And if I paste that into a browser, I do see the contents
of the related portal results in the XML. I just can't access them in
Ruby.

I've given very broad privileges to the account accessing the Server.
All layouts are modifiable; it can create, edit and delete in all
tables, etc.

Again, I have the lardawge-rfm (1.4.1.2) gem installed, running Ruby
1.8.7 (ree-1.8.7-2010.02). Rails is 3.0.0.beta4 if that's relevant.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Stephen

lardawge

Aug 19, 2010, 12:09:52 PM8/19/10
to RFM Community
fm_server('layout').find({:username => "==#{username}"},
{:include_portals => true})

Stephen Cremin

Aug 19, 2010, 12:38:53 PM8/19/10
to rfmcom...@googlegroups.com
Perfect! Thanks. And as a bonus, it's good to know you can use the "==" trick for exact matches.

Next time I'm stuck I'll dig through the code a bit first since it is pretty self-documenting.

Stephen