HELP slow to no response from FM

Steve

Feb 6, 2014, 12:37:56 PM2/6/14
to rfmcom...@googlegroups.com
Over the weekend our Web Publishing Engine VM went down.  Ever since, the response times from FM 12 Server Advanced to rfm are all over the place…  Mostly getting execution expired (and I even tried setting the timeout to 4 minutes)

I am using ginjo/rfm version 2.0.2.

Not to mention the WPE goes down more often than ideal…

Anyone have similar experiences?  Any ideas on how to solve.

p.s.  Our FM Dev performed a recovery on the FM 12 Database and said that should re-index the fields (I thought indexed fields might improve response times)

Thanks,
Steve

wbr

Feb 8, 2014, 6:03:16 PM2/8/14
to rfmcom...@googlegroups.com
The problem could be in any number of places, but I would first try to determine if Filemaker's WPE is responding as you want.

Try hitting it with CWP URLs of the form:

Try different queries on various fields & tables, and see what you get. A healthy FMP/WPE server will return results rather quickly.