We're reading: RFC 3490 - Internationalizing Domain Names in Applications

Manfred Stienstra

Mar 1, 2007, 1:17:51 PM3/1/07
to rfc-club
Good day people,

On March 15th 2007, 12:00 GMT we will start discussing RFC 3490,
otherwise known as "Internationalizing Domain Names in
Applications" [1]. Any input in the discussion is appreciated, whether
it's a sample code, a list of pro's and con's, a list of key figures
in the IDN community, your experiences with IDN in the wild, security
notices or a nice drawing.

In the meantime please discuss any proposal's for the next RFC.

Manfred

[1] http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3490.txt

Evan

Mar 6, 2007, 12:21:09 PM3/6/07
to rfc-club

There's at least one pure-Ruby punycode gem available:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=2550

Evan