RF Explorer 6G ComboPlus hangs on error: Invalid S/N

William Yee

Feb 27, 2021, 6:44:10 PM2/27/21
to RF Explorer
I just bought and received a RF Explorer 6G Combo Plus today from Amazon.com. It came with firmware version 3.16.
Charged up the battery and started to use the unit. It seemed to run fine. I downloaded and installed the Windows RF Explorer software and unit connected and worked okay. It said to update to latest version of firmware so I downloaded the latest firmware version 3.20 and installed it using the firmware install software. All went successfully and unit was now running on version 3.20.
Later I was perusing through the unit's menus in stand alone mode selecting different menu items and all of a sudden the screen went blank and the unit became unresponsive. Then the message "Invalid S/N" popped up overlaying the current screen.
I tried powering off and on to reboot but it still hangs with the error message "Invalid S/N"
i then tried to reinstall the latest version 3.20 firmware again to see if it would clear up the error. After the firmware install said it again successfully installed, the unit still freezes up with the error saying 'Invalid S/N"
Apparently you have a firmware bug that caused this unit to lose the S/N when browsing through the menu selections. Is there a way out of this dilemma or do I return it to amazon? attached picture of the error.
20210226_220716.jpg

RF Explorer

Feb 28, 2021, 11:52:15 AM2/28/21
to RF Explorer
Thanks,

We are working on this on a support ticket you opened already.

Regards,
RF Explorer Team