RF Explorer: A quick question

Ralph Gable

Jan 6, 2022, 12:11:25 PM1/6/22
to RF Explorer
Based on my observations of the RF Explorer, I am assuming that it uses an ADC to capture analog, time domain data and then performs an FFT on that data to produce the frequency domain data we see on the screen.

I would just like to confirm this before I go ahead with my video on the subject.

I just released a video on Calibrating the RF Explorer HERE.

This is a follow-up on how it does what it does (black box kind of stuff).

Ralph Gable
WA2PUX
YouTube Channel:
Electronics for the Inquisitive Experimenter

RF Explorer

Jan 11, 2022, 4:25:23 AM1/11/22
to RF Explorer
Hi Ralph,

The RF Explorer Spectrum Analyzer uses a combination of super-heterodyne sweep with FFT, also known as hybrid spectrum analysis.
Let us know if you need any further detail, happy to help.

Thanks for your video on frequency calibration, sure will help other users.

Regards,
RF Explorer Team